Thursday, April 2, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Thanksgiving

In catching up on blog posts that I meant to post, but never did, I wanted to post about our Thanksgiving last year. This was my first ever attempt at hosting Thanksgiving dinner for our family. We wanted to stay home this year, as it is our first year in our first owned home. Since we live on a modest budget, we wanted to keep it small and only invited our parents to join us. We are so glad they were able to, as we wanted to spend this day giving them a great meal as Thanks for all of the ways they have supported our family over the years!

Thanks to The Pioneer Woman for her Holidays Cookbook. This book was my guide in hosting this first Thanksgiving! I definitely made way too much (and I didn't even do everything in her plan!), but it was all good and timed out perfectly thanks to her help.




I love Fall, and really wanted a very Leafy fall decoration... and that is what we had. No lack of leaves here! Now that I see it so many months later, it is a little tacky, but it was perfect in the moment, haha!


We used plain brown paper as a table runner, and a wood crate my hubby made, pecans from the back yard, and a few small pumpkins for our centerpiece. It was cute, but definitely simplified and on the cheap. BigBro, who was just learning to read and write at this time, wrote everyone's names in their spot.


                                      

The best part about having a small family get together, is everyone fits in one room! Here we are in our TV room watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade because I missed it while cooking, and watching it is a must for me every year!




No comments: