Thursday, April 2, 2015

Belated Halloween Glove Monsters!

Last Halloween season BigBro and I made glove monsters! It was so fun, and this was his first experience with sewing. I bought some cheap gloves at Michael's in fun colors. First, I sewed the thumb shut by turning the gloves inside out and sewing along the thumb opening, and part of the wrist opening, leaving enough space to stuff the monsters. BigBro stuffed the gloves and sewed up the little opening. I helped him close them up real tight after he did a few stitches. I gave him a pretty chunky plastic needle, and he used embroidery floss to sew the gloves up, so it was safe enough for a 4 year old.


We then hot glued all the eyes (buttons) and mouths (cut felt) and other decorations on the monsters. He told me what he wanted and where, and I did all of the gluing. I might have burned my fingers while gluing some of the small pieces, but I think my reactions to that were a good deterrent for BigBro ever touching got glue!



These turned out super cute. We still have them, with the exception of one or two that Birdie Bird Dog thought were pretty tasty!

The idea for this craft originated HERE

No comments: